Thursday, July 2, 2009

We're Here!

Ok, so I was wrong. We landed in Rochester about 11 and then crashed at somebody's house. Supposedly we know them, but I didn't have any clue who they were. The trip was pretty boring, except for the part where we ran pretty much the whole length of the Detroit McNamara airport to get some food from Fuddruckers. Thankfully our plane was late, because we got back just as they were boarding. That airport is sort of an H with the middle part being an underground tunnel, and said tunnel has some really cool lights in it. I took a small video of it, which I will post when I find the cord for my camera. We finally got to the hill about 10 AM on Wednesday, where we promptly changed into our church clothes so we could go do Baptisms for the Dead at the Palmyra temple. That itself was interesting, as Jacob got confirmed for one Charlie Brown and dad met some people that he home taught as a teenager and hadn't seen in 20 years. We made it back in camp and started gettin out the pallets to put our tents on (because the ground is wet so much). Sure enough, it started to rain. Then basically half my cast team from last year showed up and we hung out for the rest of the day. There was a potluck dinner, but it was a little weak because there weren't that many families involved. Thats about it for my story, so I'm going to set it up so other people can post. and Again, I'm sorry there aren't any pictures yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment